For newlywed couples, choosing a destination to spend the most exciting time in their life could be a hassle. A honeymoon needs to be exciting and memorable as it is a start to a new experience for the couple. Plan your trip according to the available time and budget beforehand. Try to save money on airfare and hotel reservations by booking through sites that provide you the best value for your chosen destination. Skyscanner, CheapOAir, FlightHub, and Expedia are good options to look into before deciding on a place. Keeping this in mind, have a look at some of the world’s best honeymoon spots and experience everlasting romance between you and your partner.
Mauritius is a slice of heaven known for its serene beauty and alluring blue scenery. A trip to this place will be a welcome relief from the hectic wedding spell. If you decide to spend your honeymoon in Mauritius, then don’t forget to try out these activities:
- Beach-Hopping – Indulge in Typical Sweetness
- Car Ride – Be Your Own Master
- Shopping – Go Local
- Food Indulgence – From Streets to Fine Dining
- Chamarel Village – See The Seven Colored Earth
- Ile Aux Cerfs – Hike to The Treasure Island
- Mauritian Spas – Pamper Yourself
- Pamplemousses Botanical Garden – Savor A Scenic Treat
- Grand Bassin – Find A Desi Connection
- Skydive – Experience The Thrill
- Le Morne Brabant – Witness Mauritius’ Unparalleled Beauty
The city of lights grasps the attention of millions around the globe every year, and for a good reason. Paris has world-class museums, fashion shows, delicious cuisines, and an atmosphere all of its own, Paris is also a city of “many splendors,” as Ernest Hemingway recalled in his memoir, “A Moveable Feast.” Undoubtedly it is a place worth visiting.
Venice has long been a favorite honeymoon destination for newlyweds. Take a romantic, dreamy boat ride through the grand canal and forget the hustle and bustle of the cities. Nights in the old town of Venice are especially priceless, with sparkling lights in the water and classical music in the air. This breathtaking city makes you forget all your worldly worries, giving a refreshing and soothing experience.
Things to do:
- Tour landmarks like St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace.
- You could take a ferry (Vaporetto) to the smaller islands of Lido, Murano or Burano.
- And if you long to hear an Italian opera, book tickets to a show at the Teatro La Fenice.
Situated in the middle of Asia and Europe, also known as Constantinople during the Ottoman reign, Istanbul is the jewel of the world. It is a place rich with history and beauty. Istanbul is best suited for couples who are looking to explore history, art, and music with the usual honeymoon romance.
Things to do:
- Try a couples’ Turkish Bath.
- Admire the mosaics at the Hagia Sophia.
- Wander through the Basilica Cistern.
- Explore the harems at Topkapi Palace.
- Ride a Dayton on The Princes’ Islands.
- Go on a tea date at a scenic teahouse.
- Stroll through the gardens of Beylerbeyi Palace.
- Watch the sunset from the Golden Horn.