Serious traffic violations or several traffic rule offend can bring the tag of high-risk driver. These are eventually responsible in a hike in insurance premium. An SR-22 is basically a document that is required by department of motor vehicle (DMV) offices for high-risk insurance policies, so, it is just a certificate of insurance or a financial responsibility filing. Possession of SR-22 insurance is best decision for high-risk drivers, but at the same time, it is overwhelming to get the same. Without this particular document, it is difficult to get the license active again for any defaulted driver that had faced court’s decision for invalid, expired or cancelled license. Getting this document will make your vehicle back to track. SR-22 paperwork acts as a valid proof that supports the purchase of vehicle insurance.
Some facts to learn about SR-22:
- It is assumed that SR-22 is actually a kind of insurance but it is not the case. Rather it is merely a certificate for roadworthiness that ensures and certifies that the vehicle holder is able to continue driving its own vehicle or any other.
- If any driver had lost driving privileges, sr22 car insurance can help get back to the track.
- Contact the best insurance company since the process is daunting and tricky. So compare and select perfect company with perfect insurance plan in budget. These companies can make the process hitch-free and efficient.
Types of SR-22 INSURANCE:
- Operator or non-owner certificate:
This is cheapest, it give cover when the vehicle doesn’t belong to the driver. It symbolizes that the driving is infrequent and therefore less chances of any mishap.
- Owner certificate:
This is for the owner as the name suggests for one or more vehicles.
- Operator’s- owner’s certificate:
This gives cover in case the driver drives a vehicle that belongs to other or cause an accident with a vehicle that is your own. Therefore, it covers both.
Need of SR-22?
- In case of suspended, revoked or invalid license.
- Conviction with DUI/DWI.
- Allegations over driving record.
- Require a hardship or high-risk driving license,
- No insurance
Getting the SR-22 insurance process:
Contact the insurance company and look for the best plan according to the cover and cost. Depending on the driving history, the copy of certificate is issued.
The main factor is cost which is influenced by many other factors like the severity of accident, age, occupation, gender, state or location, marital status and conviction charges.
When submitting for driver license an additional form i.e. dl123 form is required which act as a proof of insurance liability (in North Carolina)
The benefits of DL123:
- The process of obtaining a driving license becomes easier with this form.
- It act as a proof for automobile liability.
- It is a quick process and the form can be obtained in a day.
- It can also be issued in case of non-owner as well as regular owner insurance policy.
- It just requires details like name of applicant, date of issue, date of effect, and expiration date.
- Anyone who is applying for the DL for the first time can file for it.
Other identity proofs are also required like, birth certificate, passport, motor vehicle record, any state issued DL, Marriage certificate in case of married applicants, social security card for legal presence.
- Where to get the form?
A licensed insurance provider from North Carolina can issue DL123. The form lasts 30 days irrespective of the policy previously hired. So, it is evident that DL 123 and SR-22 are attachment to insurance policy that can’t be purchased but are issued by a carrier.